Seeing The Positive In The Negative

Hey, dear friends, how are you all holding up? This is a beautiful afternoon and I am so happy to be talking about the positive things that can affect us and everyone In our lives.

Well if you talk about normal days, please know staying in a metro city isn't really a walk in the park. Everything here is just so expensive, rent is skyrocketing, you gotta pay your mortgage, and then there's the list of these groceries! Oh my, the expenses are just so demanding. 


On top of that, not all of us are blessed with great jobs and understanding bosses, and to add to the trouble is the commute. Every other day I hear people in the local trains and metro cribbing and venting out their frustrations as if they've had enough!


To talk from a neutral perspective, of course, this is understandable. Sure, no one likes to be frustrated for no reason, but the question is that at the end of the day, who is at stake here? Isn't it just us who are suffering? 


Most of you would reply in the affirmative. Now, if we are being harmed in the process, then is there any way we could try and help ourselves? Can that change happen within us?



Of course it can and that is the way it should be. We've got to try and train our minds to see the positive in every negative situation. Being a believer in spirituality I always try to relate to the Bhagavad Gita which says that one needs to do one's own duty without thinking about the results. 


In my case, I have just tried and tweaked it a little where I convinced myself to seek out the positive in every negative situation. Is it difficult? You bet. But are there any positives attached? Plenty I tell you. But wouldn't you agree that everything that is unpleasant has something to teach you?


Talking about me it has always been the case. All those times when I was going through financial turmoil it taught me the value of money. When I was dealing with difficult people, it taught me resilience and strength. When no one was cheering for me and only I was, it taught me self-belief. 


All in all, the negative people and the persons I encountered in my life have taught me the spirit of strength and resilience and made me a better person. A better person who is backed by self-belief, brutal determination and an unfathomable spirit that refuses to be put down in any situation. And, honestly speaking, I wouldn’t want to live any other way. 


At this juncture I am convinced that everything negative turns us into a better person, and in order to cope with the situation I have trained myself to see every negative as a positive and turn every negative situation into a positive one. 


Sure, it may just sound like too much, but we aren’t ones to give up, we will see the end of it, until we win.


Image courtesy: Pexels


Comments

Popular Posts