Walking through the winters

Hello everyone, How are you all holding up?  It is a beautiful afternoon here. As I write this I can see a beautiful storm right in front of my eyes, till this point it was really very hot here in Mumbai, but this storm just made us feel calm and peaceful. 

For today's blog, I am going to talk about handling winters. If you have been following my blog you would know that I have been talking about a lot of self-development, persistence and perseverance. 


I also talk about holding on no matter what. Now, one thing is for sure winters will always come no matter how hard you work, and how much effort you put in, it's inevitable. 


So, we can under no circumstances avoid it but get better at it. Does this sound confusing? Ok, let me help you here. You know, initially, when I was just starting my professional life I saw that there are a lot of things which I can control, and many others that I couldn't.


So how do we deal with such stuff? What do we do so that everything works in our favour? Here, let me give you the secret to this, but let me tell you that there is no one size fit all solution for everyone.


Again, understand that it is not essential and necessary that everything is going to work out the way you wanted to, things could get worse. What I mean by that is that you will fail in life undoubtedly. You will also come to realise that not everything in life is a lesson and sometimes you just fail! So what do we do? 





We all have to strive to opt for a mindset and a philosophy governing our minds that happiness or sadness, good or bad, we are going to be unaffected by it, but just keep moving forward. 


We have to get up, lift ourselves up and keep moving, regardless of whether we are crying or laughing. In this context, I would like to add that the other day I was listening to this podcast by a very renowned motivational coach where she said that when we approach any situation we tend to think that this situation is going to be forever, meaning when we think that things are going very good in our lives we think that it's going to stay like this forever, and when things are not going very well in our lives we tend to kind of blame our fate.


She did a very prudent job of giving us an exercise where she mentioned that we need to add two words to any given situation. And they are "for now". So, when you are ecstatic, excited, jovial and feel out of the world, you say "for now", and when things are grumpy, sad, and miserable, you say, "for now." 


You see the magic, right there? This just teaches us that everything is just ephemeral and following this route one day, we'll never know when winter hit us, and when we passed out with flying colours!


Image courtesy: Pexels


Comments

Popular Posts