Anything “Average” Just Doesn’t Excite Me

Hello again, dear folks. How is everything faring for y’all? It feels so very good to be talking to y’all, primarily due to two reasons. Firstly, because I love connecting with you dear readers, and secondly because I love writing, which I missed dearly owing to my hectic schedule.

Well, please do not think of this as a paradox – meaning on the one hand, I am talking about not being average, and on the other hand, I say that I couldn’t write. For the latter, I’d like to put forward an apology as I really have been busy with work. I guess most of the fatigue comes from the fact that there is a lot of travel required in my journey, and with people who have very little sense of adjustment, and would literally not think twice before hurting you.

Coming from an extremely urban upbringing I am quite unfamiliar with this kind of rush and in the initial days wouldn’t know what to do (can’t claim that I can do now as well). I say this because even now when I am sitting to write this blog, my shoulder and fingers have gotten numb, and I am really stretching myself writing this project as I am trying to do what normal people won’t. 

Do you know why? Because normal is boring to me, and being average sucks absolutely. There is absolutely no problem with people leading an average life but I want to place myself in the top 1% and am willing to pay any price for that for that, of course, ethical. 

The other day I was listening to this lecture by Brian Tracy where he mentioned that the more one is exposed to average mentalities the more he acts like them. He thinks like them, talks like them, dresses like them, and behaves like them. If anything, I do not want to be that person. 

I do not under any circumstances need to be equated with them. I also heard Kevin O Leary talk about confidence in business. He said a wonderful thing which mentioned something like this. It said, when the person is steeping out in the world, especially if he is a businessman, he has to operate with the idea that he is going to win that day. 

That is to say that he has to operate with maximum clarity on the fact that there isn’t anything in the universe he cannot crush, and only then will he be successful. Guess, there’s some big lesson for me right there, and I shall begin by taking actions, and guess it begins by getting out of the average mentality.

Image courtesy: Pexels




Comments

Popular Posts