Having A Disagreeable Personality

Hello again my dear readers. How are y’all holding up? I am all fit and fine by your graces and can feel my fingers literally fidgeting to type out this blog. Today we are going to be talking about personality types, mainly agreeable and disagreeable. 

I learned about these terms quite recently and have been quite intrigued by them. Only when I did learn about them I got to know that all this while I have been having an agreeable personality. That is to say that I have been inclined much on the softer side, and practically was unaware of the charms of the word “No”.


And this wasn’t even a long time ago, this was just two years back, yes just two years back, I know and I am not too proud of it either. Of course, I can share some anecdotes which will make my case a little stronger. Two years back I used to work for a Singaporean employer, and whenever they would rebuke me I would take it entirely on myself. There were times when I’d be ridiculed, and insulted, but I’d bear all of it, as if everything happening around me was my fault. 


At the least, I could have at least asked them if they had briefed me once about the things they are blaming me for? But I didn’t, and at the end of the day it was me who had to suffer. They’d keep their meetings early in the mornings, my workday wouldn’t even begin then, and everytime I’d make adjustments to my schedule, meaning I myself would volunteer to wake up early and join them at the meeting. They wouldn’t even thank me for being present early. 


I never learned to speak up for myself, would digest everything that would come my way and never once questioned the other person when I felt uncomfortable. The result? Me getting fired. Not once but many times over and over again.


It’s one thing to be punctual good at your job and committed, but it’s something else to have survival strategies, and one needs to learn that in order to survive in this world. Sure, you must be willing to take the hits, but never at the cost of your own dignity. They say that nice girls do not create history, but bold girls and people do. 


I agree with that. Just like I have been agreeing to false promises all my life. You know Indian teacher Chanakya would always say that a person shouldn't be too honest, as just like straight trees are cut off first, honest people are screwed first.


I got nothing against honesty, in fact, I am the most honest person ever. But I am against being exploited, and that too for my goodness. No that ain't something I am gonna sign up for anymore. 


I am going to fight it out, do whatever I have to, and make things work. And I do not care if I need to have a disagreeable personality for that; as long as my mission is accomplished.


Image courtesy: Pexels


Comments

Popular Posts