I Believe In My Excellence

Hey there, readers. What’s happening with all of you? It’s a beautiful rain-soaked day out here, and I am absolutely geared up to start today filled with loads of energy, motivation, and positivity. Since this is my space and I am allowed to be expressive here, I’d like to state that I am kind of frustrated with this existing mediocrity everywhere.

I am proud to say that I belong to a country which is rich in culture, music, diversity and many more. Believe me, it now really hurts me to see that most people nowadays have been embracing a certain mediocre outlook and leading their entire lives like that. To talk about it, I’d say that honestly, I do not have any problems with their state of mind, but I really get affected in a wrong way when things around me are mediocre.

The kinds of people who have made it high in their careers often talk about qualities like resilience, excellence, and most importantly associating with people that are like-minded. I wouldn’t really know the importance of the latter till the time I was exposed to this kind of a situation, or should I say situations.

They say that if you are around wolves you have to be a wolf yourself, and I couldn’t agree more. What I intend to talk about here is that your exposure to an environment can have massive implications for you. Let me try and explain my case. I used to stay on rent in a very posh area, that was in the heart of the city, and then gradually when I reached my late 20s, I realised that I must have my own house, and thus shifted to the suburbs where the houses were a little affordable.

Believe me, that was the gravest mistake of my life, sure, investing in property is one of the best things ever, but shifting to the suburbs was something I cannot still get to terms with. Personally, I am not a person who is very comfortable with yelling, but sometimes people just do not leave you with any choice, forcing me to yell several times on petty matters. 


Then, you realise that you spend your valuable energy after these useless conversations, and finally, when you sit to work, you just can’t concentrate. Sometimes it just feels like all your efforts are in vain if you are doing just plain, mediocre work. In my case, I had tried hard to keep myself away from all kinds of average situations, but you realise that you have bills to pay, right? So, you must make compromises there.

Our ancient scriptures state that if you are engaged or included in a particular profession, then it’s your responsibility to make sure that you are doing your bit. It really doesn’t matter how others are faring, but you must be doing your bit with sincerity and dedication. Sometimes, it just feels like too much, meaning I feel that I have been burning the midnight oil, working on weekends, and still not able to get a favourable response from the other party (they portray a very casual attitude, which intensifies during the time of paying).

There are days when I get really tired of fighting with the world, and tired of dealing with mediocrity, but I have fed myself with one thing, and that is no matter how dark things get, I would always bounce back. There is nothing, nothing in this universe that can bind me down.

I have fought battles and won before, and I will this time as well. For I have an unshakable and intrinsic belief in me, I can and will. For, I believe in me, and I believe in MY EXCELLENCE!

Image courtesy: Pexels

Comments

Popular Posts