I Keep Going

Hey there, folks! How have y’all been holding up? I know it’s been a while, and I myself do not feel too comfortable about it either. But, if I am allowed to speak, I’ll say that there haven’t been busy with work. Well, to clarify I’d like to point out that I have been busy travelling, and when you travel for more than five hours a day, you are exhausted to the zenith, and cannot get your brain to function. 

Similar was my case, but let that be, as  I have dedicated this space to talk about the fact of spirituality, my spiritual experiences and all that I have been experiencing in my life. I would like to elaborate that this is the space where I go unfiltered, and express all that I have been feeling. 

And, since we are being honest, let me tell you that things have been crazy, well, I have facing crazier times since last year, but yeah, things have been a little topsy turvy. How, you ask? Before getting to the how let me tell you the why. It’s only because I wanted to provide for my family, and make sure that they have a good life. And, that ain’t easy to provide, especially if you are living in a metro city, where the expenditures are skyrocketing. 


Okay, so, let’s try and get to the bottom of things. Why on earth would you want to swim against the tide? Why would you have that kind of a deep desire when everyone around you is just busy bragging their generational wealth? Let me tell you, no one wants that, I mean as human beings we aren’t designed to work out of our comfort zone, so unless something very discomforting happens to you, or you are extremely driven from the inside. 

In my case, it was the former, and when I didn’t find the help that I needed around me, all I could do was turn all of my attention towards me, as I had a family to feed, and take care of. There would be days when I’d just be exhausted, exhausted fighting life, exhausted to wail throughout the night, only to realise that tears had dried up as well.

Felt like everyone around me just misunderstood me and would leap on every opportunity to attack me, and they really did, and I had no one to help me out, and nowhere to go. But, you know what? Despite all the crying and disappointments, I chose to jostle through the odds and make it happen. 

Did I like doing that? 

Of course not, but I had reached a point where it just wasn’t about how I felt, but literally whatever it would take me to get to wherever I wanted to be. And, I have been following that regime religiously, focusing more on my mind and less on what my emotions have to say. 

As I mentioned before that the journey is tough, in fact, some might even opine here that anything is better here than this, and they’d consider quitting. But not me, I am not one to quit, doesn’t matter how difficult things get, so will my determination, and I am going to keep going. I am a fighter, and fighters may be down for a while, but they are never out.

I’d like to take this opportunity to refer to the Bhagavad Gita, specifically the second chapter where Bhagwan Shree Krishna tells Arjuna that no matter how difficult things get, he being a Kshatriya has to fight, I guess I could take some lessons from there, and keep going. 


Yes, I have learnt to believe in myself, and I know things are going to work out, sooner or later, and then we’ll be writing celebratory blogs. Blogs that only talk about winning!


Image courtesy: Pexels


Comments

Popular Posts