Dare to Dream

Hey there dear readers, how are y’all holding up? Do y’all enjoy your week thus far? Did you have the time to pursue your hobbies? Did you move an inch closer to your goals? Were you in the process happy, sad, disappointed? Well, if you felt any of those emotions as pointed out, please know that I feel them every day, even though I have been training myself to remain stoic. 

In my case, I can say that I have been struck by bouts of disappointment each time when I’d be rejected and I can’t recall the time when I actually went out and celebrated my victory, but I would be engrossed too much being sad, and utterly disappointed at myself for every petty failure. 


Guess, I have a tendency to beat myself up when things do not go my way and really keep sulking on that matter for a very long period of time. Then, fall apart and finally gather the courage to hold on, pick me up from the broken pieces, and then set off on the battlefield once again fighting my battles. 



But, that is how things are going to be I suppose. No point in sulking. What we can do instead, and what I have learned also is to give wings to these wild dreams and just continue doing so. Like going the Steve Jobs way when he said, “The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who actually do.” 


Umm, I am not too sure if I am thinking about changing the world, but I am definitely focused on building the life of my dreams. To put it straight, I gotta admit that I want a big life. And, this isn’t just restricted to material things but also spiritual. Sure, over the days I have been trying to make spiritual amends as well and have been progressing towards it little by little. 


In order to cope with dreams, and keep me motivated invariably I have been associating and reading up on people who have done extraordinary things with their ordinary life and I came across this beautiful quote which said, “Climb every mountain, Ford every stream, follow every rainbow, till you find your dream. A dream that will need all the love you can give, for every day of your life as long as you live. 


Did you see that? Climbing mountains? Fording streams? Following rainbows? Yes, that’s me, actually the new me, where I am neither defined nor deterred by societal standards, and I have taught myself to build my own table when I am not offered a seat in one. This new me is full of ambitions, hopes, and aspirations, has seen reality, and is confident that it will create a new one of its own.


One that will absolutely be unseen and unheard of, one that will break all glass ceilings, and one that I can proudly call my own. And, finally, one that will lead me to say, “Yes, I made it on my own” on my deathbed.


Image courtesy: Unsplash

Comments

Popular Posts