Whatever It Takes…

Hey there, my beautiful readers, 

TGIF! What a hectic week it’s been, Phew! But all of us managed to pull it off, right? Yay, what a relief! Oh, but one more thing - we are not ones to complain about how the AC in the office was bothersome, how the trains were extremely crowded or how the weather was sultry. 


We are not the complainers but the go-getters who leave no stone unturned to make things happen the right way. We are the ones who see the “possible” in the “impossible” and know how to make our own ways when there is none. We have climbed every mountain, weathered every storm, and made our way through every sloppy terrain.


All of this while encountering excruciating pain and yet never giving up. I believe that we, the go-getters have trained our minds to reach such a state where we bank on actions and do what needs to be done regardless of how we feel. 


Yes, there are and have been times in the past where we were bruised, had fever, mental breakdowns, and family feuds, but still operated with full might and vigour. Maybe all those countless bruises and rejections taught us that it’s no longer about how we feel to get there, but whatever, literally whatever it takes to get there. 


I belong from India which is a country very rich in its heritage and spirituality. Oftentimes, one would hear exploits of monks and nuns belonging to well-to-do families set off to explore the truth barefoot without a single penny,  and they did eventually become successful! They were not an inch deterred by the fact that they would have to encounter hunger, poverty, and physical and mental turmoil on the way. 


These were bitter pills to swallow for them, but they never let any of these get in their way. They knew that they had been given this life and had to make the most out of it, no matter what the circumstances were. 


They had learnt to see the big picture, and life had blessed them in their expeditions as well. And, I can very well vouch for the fact that things have been the same for us, who chose to fight their battles valiantly. In my case, I can say that I got so engrossed in achieving my goals and getting there that I almost stopped listening and catering to my emotions. 


Honestly speaking, I have seen much better results this way as compared to the times when I was operating out of my emotional zone. Now, I try being stoic and doing what I have to do regardless of how I am feeling, and I am sure it’s the same for those who are reading this blog of mine. 


In a nutshell, we’ve gotta learn how to march forward with grit and determination and make sure that we train our minds to be so vigilant, tough and flat-out fantastic that we’d never need any external validation ever. We’ll have a stack of proof that’ll be equivalent to all the validations in the world. In fact, its value can be more than that as well!



Image courtesy: Pexels

Comments

Popular Posts