Committed To Me

What a beautiful day it is, isn't it? Of course, it is the last day of the week and who will not get excited about the weekend? Okay, so before y'all set out for the weekend, please spare some time for my blog and allow me to express myself. In this blog, we'll discuss about commitment. Sure, committing to others, your profession is of paramount importance, but do you know what tops it all? Committing to yourself. This may also be called as self-discipline. 

I have followed this process rigorously for the past few months and have noticed that the goals aren't that far-fetched or difficult to achieve. I mean of course the path isn't a bed of roses, one has to be resilient, determined and persistent. And, I have chosen this path. Let me elaborate a little on this - I cannot remember the last time I partied, or the last time I actually went out with friends. No, it's not that I am recommending this path but this is how my life has been since the past few days.





Out of all these days when I was working so rigorously, most of the days I have faced rejections and failures. Some led me to fall so high on the ground that I could not get up again after the injuries…


But, I diid eventually and went on fighting again. With nowhere to go and none to help, I started again from scratch. Was the journey an easy one? Oh no! But, since I was committed I had to hold on. 


Days rolled by and I faced rejection after rejection. Until one day when I finally heard back from an organisation that offered me a job at the same salary range that I was looking for. Sure, this was a thing to rejoice but I was just so awestruck at that point that I almost did not know how to react. Gradually I came back to my senses and realised that when a person really wants something from the heart, the whole universe kind of conspires to make sure he gets that. 


Something similar happened to me, and I realised that it all happened because I held on and was committed to myself. Perhaps, the rigorous routine did come to pass after all. I also realised one more thing, and that is it is extremely important to know your actual worth in the market. If as individuals we cannot ascertain our value, then there is no way we will be taken seriously by anyone else. 


Sure, in the process I did lose a lot of blood and sweat, but today and at this moment I can say that it was all worth it. So, one box of mine has been checked off, but there are many others to tick, and we are just getting started. Of course, one thing is sure among all of this that there is no resting before I reach that stage, or in the words of Robert Frost, "Miles to go before I sleep."


Image courtesy: Pexels

Comments

Popular Posts