Not Minding To Walk Alone

Hey there beautiful readers, how has this week been treating y’all? I apologise for not having written last week as I was really unwell. Normally, I wouldn’t leave any stone unturned to complete my blogs, but last week was an exception where my health just didn’t permit me. Anyway, lots of stuff about health and my inability to turn up last week; for now let’s focus on the topic at hand.

Among countless topics readily accessible on my mind this is the one which has popped up today – walking alone, in fact not getting rattled by walking down the path alone. Many people who have actually made it big have testified and will testify in future that it was only because they felt full in themselves and walked alone that they could make it.

Sure, some of you would argue that the path to waking alone is incredibly difficult and that you need a robust support system, and I do not deny it. But having a support system often requires an incredible amount of luck, and most of the time you are often on your own. In all of those cases, you, none of us must be anxious about walking the path alone. One of my favourite poets Rabindranath Tagore mentioned in his creations stating “Jodi tor daak shune keu na ashe, tobe ekla cholo re.”

The English translation of that would mean if no one answers to your calling, you must learn to walk the path alone. This concept has been vetted in the spiritual domain as well. I have had the privilege of studying the lives of hermits, and in the majority of the cases, they were laughed at when they wanted to renounce the world. Often times they would be mocked and ridiculed for this uncanny thought of theirs, but that never deterred them, as they set off on their own expedition.


You see not everyone will understand your way of thinking, and they are not supposed to well. That’s okay, but what’s not okay is relying on external validation, and being fearful of walking the path alone, even though it might lead you to a beautiful destination ahead…

That said, I would like to reflect on a personal anecdote of mine as well. In my life, I have always dreamt of achieving things which did not seem “too normal” to the common man. I really take pleasure in taking the road less travelled, and thrive in that.

When I began my journey initially I noted that most people around would be doubting me, mocking and ridiculing me just because I dared to dream differently. Even though it was quite a lot to digest in the initial days, I had taken this leap of faith and finally taken the plunge. See where I am today. Today I am on the other side writing to you about how and why we should not be scared of walking some paths alone, and it’s totally worth it.

I’d like to end this blog with something beautiful that I read and which said a bus has many passengers, while a Lamborghini only has two! Guess that explains a lot!

Image courtesy: Pexels

Comments

Popular Posts