‘Jhogra’: Could You Imagine it Could be This Beneficial?



‘Jhogra’ – I can very well vouch that this word brings in an air of energy. Not that I have been an active qualifier in the ‘jhogrute’ race, however have bestowed some faith in the sweetness that comes as an aftermath. To those who know me well would opine that am not a great fighter, yet am argumentative to the zenith. Especially, if it’s anything concerning Marquez or Ray.

Now, I am analyzing a recent contribution that ‘jhogra’ has made to my life. Lazy bones are inactive by default on a day off. The whole day literally passes by and you don’t even realize it! Thanks to some assuring friends who treated me to some mouth-watering Chinese cuisine over the weekend. They were gigantic in quantity and I decided to save some for supper.

Stepping out on a day off is indeed a tedious task, at least to me. On reaching home, I treated myself to a relaxing siesta, and the moment when I was about to overwhelm by taste buds to the amazing prawn curry, THUD!!! What happened? Mom really got hyper this time. Yeah, the same old reason. My closet… “Mom, I promise to sort it tomorrow, please!” She wouldn't listen and gave me at least 7 such instances, when I had promised and back stabbed. Somehow I lost my cool and answered back. We argued for a while. Pin drop silence. Saddest part – no Chinese! L

Next morning


I ask mom if I could make her morning tea. She gives me a cheerful smile. What? Mom smiling? Did we not have a fight yesterday? Am I still dreaming? Did we actually fight the last night? Wait, yes, she is smiling indeed.

She sips her black tea, and asks me if I would like to have my favourite Chinese for breakfast…What? Like really? I mean seriously? Did she forget that I answered back to her the last night? Countless thoughts began to haunt me. I was still trying to analyse the situation.
I am certainly not a panacea to all problems, neither am I an impeccable judge of situations. 

But I could derive a conclusion out of my enigmatic situation.

‘Jhogra’ elevates your mood later on(at least it did in our case). It acts as a catalyst that brings back the sweetness in a relationship. As for me and mom are concerned, I can see her beckoning me for a sumptuous fish curry she has made for lunch. Before, I get a scolding, let me grab a quick bite. :P

Comments

  1. A wonderful and different insight to wat seems to be a seemingly difficult prob in our lives. Indeed it's a fair point of view dat u portrayed and should be a testimony to resolving complications in relationships. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I hope ppl look at conflict as a next step forward and move forth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts