A 'Cutlery' Visit To Hogwarts?


Weekend gateways are often alluring and enlightening. More so, when there’s sumptuous food and an enthralling ambience to compliment it. This Saturday, when the city projected itself in a typical black and white blanket, where a greyish patch cascaded my sight, I opted for a stroll. I don’t prefer staying indoors, when there's a spectacle where nature has upheld itself in a beautiful canvas.

Carried away by my stupendous thoughts, I set my foot towards the voyage ahead. In order to satiate my taste buds, I got down midway to help myself with a snack, and randomly chose this place called Olive Bistro. Glancing through the menu, my fingers rested on a Goan dish, a glimpse of which seemed appealing enough for the day. Scrolling through my news feed, followed by Insta stories, my eyes were attracted by an assemblage of dishes, plates, blows and spoons; hanging right above my head. Assuring myself, that it isn’t a prank my fellows had planned, I continued looking, and the design stood there erect.


I was taken aback, not only by the design, but the firmness by which it shone so brightly. Sometimes, it attired as the glittery blue, the next time it nodded to the tunes of ‘Hotel California’ in a dazzling silver. For some eerie reason, I deciphered that those dishes wanted to communicate something. Maybe, it wanted to shake a leg with ‘The Eagles’, or take a sip from the pitcher the young lass was holding so rigidly! The appearance of the dishes somehow helped me land on the soil of Hogwarts. I found myself to be a part of a grand luncheon hosted by the well-behaved Cedric Diggory in a giant hall. The dishes smiled, just that they are more in number now. All of them were dressed in the shades of yellow, their colours range from lemon yellow, to ochre, and finally to dark yellow. In a familiar step, all of us swung to the tunes of this light music ...

“Excuse me , madam. Madam!” After a sudden jerk, I could spot some fried prawns in a reddish yellow curry. The steward smiled and reminded me of the order I had made. “Hell yeah!” I gained consciousness rebuking myself a little. But to my surprise, when I looked up, I could find the plates sparkling in a shade of yellow. Did they actually take a stroll with me to Hogwarts?

Comments

Popular Posts